There are many options available to get rid of unwanted facial and body hair. It depends on how much hair you have, the color of your skin and hair, and what results you are looking for. Here are some temporary and permanent methods of hair removal:
1. If you have very light hair and have fair skin, you can use a bleaching cream, like jolene. Make sure you do a test spot in an inconspicuous place to be sure you have a good skin reaction. If you have dark skin and dark hair, using a bleaching cream will only make the hairs blond and more noticeable.
2. Waxing and threading are additional methods of hair removal. These methods are not permanent and may make the situation worse. You need to discontinue the use of Retin-A or any other retinoid at least one week before having these treatments done because it can rip off the top layer of your skin.
2. There is a cream, which will require a prescription from you doctor, called Vaniqa. This medication will slow the growth of your hair, but will not permanently get rid of them.
3. Electrolysis is a permanent form of hair removal and will require multiple treatments. I will suggest this method if there are only a few hairs or if the hair is too light.
4. Lastly, there is laser hair removal. Laser hair removal works best on light skin; dark hair. This method is very popular when doing large areas, such as bikini, underarms and legs. Depending on the area being treated, you will need between 4-8 treatments that are usually spaced at 6-8 week intervals. A consultation is always required to determine if you will be a good candidate for laser hair removal.
Hopefully after reading this blog, you will be able to determine which method will be right for you!
Join the discussion One Comment
I have only had 3 laser treatments on my legs, and, wow, what a difference! I only have to shave once a week. Laser hair removal is expensive, but, from what I’ve witnessed so far, totally worth it. Time shaving each night adds up, and, “time is money.”
I highly recommend laser hair removal, and, am very pleased with the results thus far. I have 3-4 more treatments to go, once I’ve stopped my exposure to the sun!! Oh, why wasn’t laser hair removal discovered 30 years ago!!! I really would have saved a lot of time!
Thank you, Bonnie!